Friday, November 11, 2011

Our last full day in Newport

This morning was a rough one. I had woke up feeling quite queesy. Then after breakfast I started to get a migraine. Took some tythenol and ended up throwing it up. But I kept on.  After a shower I was feeling better.We were disappointed to see it was still overcast.  But we didn't need the sun to go and check out the tide pools and cottages. As we headed out around 10 AM I began to get another migraine.  This is a good pic of how I felt as we are walking down to the beach.  Our Villas are in the background.  By the time we made it down, the cool ocean air hit me and I started to feel better.

We had gone further down the coast this time to view more tide pools than we had the night before.   
The scene was like out of a movie.  These old cottages dating back to 1930 line the cliffs.  I actually mentioned to Das how much it reminded me of the movie "Beaches" (that I currently just made him watch).  He agreed.  Later when we got back to the villa, I read that "Beaches" actually had been filmed there. 
These boys scared me a little.  They were going a little farther out than I was comfortable with.  But they did ok.  And once the waves finally got them, they stayed closer in. 
And this little monster.......He is out of control! 



Das put Logan on his shoulders, and he fell asleep.  Das didn't even know until Logan's head started to fall.  He really is such a delightful little boy.  I am really lucky with my 3 wonderful little guys.  I would be perfectly happy to have a 4th! 
And as you can see in the picture above....the clouds were disappearing.  The sun felt so good.  Das couldn't get us out of there fast enough to get to the pool.  We headed there and swam for a couple of hours, ate lunch and the snack bar, and came back to the room to go back to the beach.   
We didn't quite make it out.  We all got hooked on a family movie.  Now we are gonna make dinner and go to the Shake Shack down on the beach.  Another great day and sad it is coming to an end.  Especially since we head home tomorrow :(

No comments:

Post a Comment