Sunday, December 16, 2012

Xactwares 2012 Christmas Party

Das's work party has been at Thanksgiving Point the past 4 years but they switched it to the Provo Convention Center this year. We were concerned that we weren't going to make it with needing a sitter for 5+ hours. But fortunately, my wonderful family made it possible to attend.  My niece, Samantha came to our house to watch Logan and Dallon.  And we dropped Tristan and Ashton off at my brother and sister in law's to play with their triplet cousins.
We were a little late getting there, but Jason and Mia Love had saved us a seat.  The company gets larger each year.  I believe they said that they had hired 100 new people this year.  They had over 800 people at the party. Das was introducing me to co-workers (left and right) and their spouses.  It is so much fun to meet all these neat people that he gets the opportunity to work with.

Mia and I sat next to each other and enjoyed the chit chatting.  After eating prime rib, salmon, and all the tasty sides, they started the amazing program that they have each year.  This year they brought in Peter Breinholt.  I loved him back in high school and he was just as great as I remembered.  Then they played some clips of the employees saying Merry Christmas Xactware.  Das was one of them.  he should be awarded an Emmy. lol Then they asked a bunch of the employees children some questions about Xactware and what their parents do. Kids are so dang funny.  It was very well put together. 
Once the program was over, they passed out  bags to each employee with numbers inside each bag.  Everyone was able to swtich once with another person.  Then once you opened your bag, it determined what you recieved.  The prizes ranged from a $300 dollar gift card to Cabellas, to $25 dollars to Texas Road House......which we received.

They had dancing afterwards, but we had to get home to the kids.  As always though, we had a great time.  Das works for such a great company.  And I am grateful for all they do for the employees.  And even more grateful for how hard my husband works to provide for our family.  I am lucky wife!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment