Wednesday, May 25, 2011

California Love/Part 2/San Diego Zoo

On Tuesday Das started his training.  It poured all day long, so we didn't leave the hotel room.  But Wednesday the sun finally came out.  We were set to check out Wednesday to head to LA.  So I got the bags all pack and took the luggage to the front desk for them to hold.
Then I loaded the boys up in a taxi and we headed to the San Diego Zoo.  I haven't been there since I was a child but it is suppose to be one of the best.  It really was too....but very pricey.  The first animal we saw were the koalas.  So cute.  I was impressed that Tristan knew they were nocturnal.
The monkeys were my favorite.  They were all lounging right by the window so we were able to interact with them.  I was excited that Logan had just woken up at this point so I could get some pics of my little monkeys.
I love this picture!!!





Just us monkeying around=)
We wish Das could have been there with us.  This part we were walking down the atrium.  Which I was glad for at this point....cuz outside it started to pour.  Luckily it didn't last long at all.



The Polar Bears were the most active.  This bear kept diving for the ball and playing with it.  I was actually glad it was a little cold because not a lot of people were there. 

The other polar bear was being fed and was very cooperative  for us to get some good pictures.  It took us 4 hours to get through the whole zoo.  And I timed it just right that Das was just getting done with his training.  He swung by to pick us up and we headed back to the hotel to get our luggage.  Das didn't want to fight traffic to LA, so we let the boys swim for a couple of hours.  Then we stopped at a sea food restaurant off the bay for some tasty fish and chips.  I am sure I put on 5lbs on the trip. UGH!  The drive to LA was easy and the traffic wasn't bad.  I am so glad Das does the driving though.  I hate driving....especially at night.  We checked into our hotel, and got ready to wake up early the next morning to head to Disney Land
To Be Continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment