Friday, November 25, 2011

Gobble Gobble!


Every year we rotate where we go for Thanksgiving.  This year it was at my parents house.  I love this time of year and getting together with our family.  Thanksgiving morning after we woke up, Das headed outside for a few hours....putting up Christmas lights, cleaning up the garden, and putting the swamp cooler cover on.  I wasn't feeling well, so stayed inside.  I forced myself to eat and after I felt better, I made the green bean casserole, and then we headed in for dinner.

I had to get a picture of my goofy nephew and his hair tail. lol  He wants me to bleach it before his parents make him cut it off in a couple of weeks. 
I love watching everyone work together to get dinner going.  You would think with my family as large as it is, that it would be chaotic....but it really isn't. 
Everyone one else sat around to watch football and mingle. 
And the yonger ones ran around the house and outside. 
Then it was time to finally eat!  The food was spectacular, and the company, as always, was superb. 

Logan ate everything we put in front of him.   
Then we sat down to digest our food and make room for pie. 
I am always so sad how fast the time goes.  So much preparation for just a few hours to spend with the family.  I was going to blog each day this month for all I was thankful for,  but I wasn't very good about it.  But I do have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for a wonderful husband who loves and respects me.  He has been so great this last month that I haven't been feeling great.  I am so lucky to have a husband that would do anything for me.  I am thankful for his eagerness to get us to church every week and to the temple. And most of all, I am thankful for his example to me and to our children.   I hope our boys grow up to be men and fathers like him. I am also thankful for my sweet boys.  They light up my days with their sweet spirits and their willingness to help me.  Each day they bring so much joy to my life.  I couldn't have asked for a better family.  I am thankful for my Father in Heaven and for his son Jesus Christ.  I am so excited for the next month of celebrating his birth.  We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment