Monday, November 21, 2011

Couples Fantasy Football

For the past five years or so I have been playing fantasy football with a group of my guy friends. We put a little money down but mostly we play for pride. Sue was getting more than a little bored watching me glued to the TV on Sundays cheering/cursing random players. Her: "The Bears aren't even playing why do you even care?" or "No way we are watching another game, besides Desperate Housewives is on." Well over time she realized it was a battle she wasn't going to win. And being the sweet wife that she is, instead of getting mad she decided to join in on the fun. So we rallied together a few friends and created a Couples Fantasy league. Unfortunately for me and Sue it has been anything but a fantasy. My team is Business Time and hers is Little D.O.W.N. As you can see by the standings we are bringing up the rear. Well mostly me I have won only 2 games! It seems every team plays their best game against us. Ours are the only two teams to have over 1100 points scored against them.  What's up with that?  Last night it was looking like Sue was going to win her 5th game up until the last 60 seconds when the Eagles scored a touch against her defense/Giants causing her points to go down and putting her opponent in the lead.  And to add more salt to the wound I am having one of my worst seasons in my other league. Coincidence? Maybe. Sorry babe, I may need to put an end to this fantasy next year. =) But really, win or lose, I have enjoyed my wife getting more into the game and cheering/cursing along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment