Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Years Eve 2011

Joe and Kelly Johannessen were so kind to have a party at their home this year.  A kid friendly party that was awesome. 
The night started out with pizza and snacks.  And while the kids played, the adults chatted and relaxed.  Joe and Kelly have a nifty toy room in their basement where most of the kids hung out. 
It was someones (good) idea to celebrate New Years Eastern time for the kids and then get them to bed.   
They then passed out a bunch of blowers and hats for the kids.  Das had bought the boys confetti guns from the dollar store.  It was pretty cool, and messy. 

I love Ellie!  She is gonna come live with me if I don't ever get a girl.:)  After the celebration for the kids, the dads took them outside for fireworks. 
Before settling the kids down for the night, we took some pictures. 
The Kids!
The group!  Joe and Frank, Kristi and Jeff, Joe and Kelly, Das and me, Leesa and Kevin 
The Boys! 
The Women! 
Thanks Joe and Kelly for daring to host the chaos!  Your home is beautiful and the company was great as always.  Hopefully you guys will want to do it again next year.:)  Maybe one day when we have a bigger home, we will host one. Most everyone was staying the night. They had a couple of rooms set up and those who could brought sleeping bags. We had my nephews homecoming to be to early Sunday morning, so we weren't able to sleep over this year.  When we got home, the boys were out real quick. It was only 15 minutes until midnight, but I was beat.  I told Das to come give me a kiss at the New Year.  He almost fell asleep himself.lol  but I got my New Years kiss.  All was bliss...until the fireworks started going off.  Logan woke up and I had to put him into bed with us.  I am sure if I wasn't pregnant and so tired all the time.....we would have been letting off our own fireworks.  Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment