Sunday, February 19, 2012

MEMORIES

It was this time 4 years ago.  February 17th.  It was my good friend Amy's bday.  Amy wanted to get a group of her friends together to celebrate.  Das and I had been hanging out a little and decided we would be each others date for her party.  "Our First Date!"  I remember Das coming to pick me up and sitting on the couch with Tristan while I finished getting ready.  As I walked in the room, Tristan turned to Das and said,"Das, I love you!"  I will never forget that moment.  My heart melted and I thought...I love you too, Das!  I knew I was going to marry this man.

We had such a great night with some of our closest friends.  We went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, and dancing afterwards. 
That night I met my soul mate, my best friend.  I couldn't ask for a better life.  I have been so lucky.

It is crazy how much has changed since that night.  Last night I got together again for my friend Amy's b-day with another good friend Sharon.  Sharon and I left our kids at home with our hubbys, but Amy brought her little girl Addyson.  She is such a doll.  So happy for good friendships that last through so much.  Friends who stick by you and want what is best for you.  Friends that do not judge for mistakes.  And who lift you up when you fall.  Friends like these are very rare.  I'm glad I have them.  Thanks Amy for letting us share in your B-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment