Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

Sunday after church we headed into my mothers house for dinner.  Everyone was able to attend so we had the house filled with the greatest mothers in the world. 
We sat around and enjoyed the great food prepared and each others company.  The boys had put a little gift together for their grandma with just a few of her favorite things.  My mom brought each of us back a wooden statue of Mary and Joseph from their trip to Israel.  And each of the kids something special. 
We sure do love this woman!  "The only thing better than having you for a MOM is my children having you for a GRANDMA."  I talk to my mother at least once a day.  It is so hard to not talk to her when they are traveling....which is quite a lot.  So we love each of those moments we are able to visit with her.  She is my best friend and the best mother ever.  I look up to her.  Everyday I am becoming more like her, and I couldn't be happier.  Thanks for all you do Mom! 

We left Tristan and Ashton at my parents house to play while we went to visit Das's mom.  We took her in a bouquet of flowers picked from our yard.  We sat an visited with her for an hour.  It was nice to see her.  She just adores Das and Logan.  I am so thankful to her for raising such an outstanding son.  We then headed home to eat up our strawberry ice cream that Das had made earlier with the ice cream maker he bought me.  It was delicious!  Looking forward to another bowl tonight.  Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment